To fulfill The Great Commission (Matt 28:19-20).
We believe verse 20 is the key component of The Great Commission in Christian living, yet it is often the most overlooked. We will primarily focus on teaching the saints to obey the words of Christ. The high number of people who profess to follow Christ and have been baptized, yet whose lives look no different from non-believers is disturbing. We will fight the epidemic of emotional, feelings-based, easy-believism that is running rampant in modern Christianity misleading many to believe they are saved when, in fact, they have not biblically repented of their sins. True conversion in a man is an act of God whereby He removes the man’s heart of stone and gives him a new heart (Ezekiel 36:26) that responds in repentance and faith (Acts 20:20-21). The true Christian’s life is characterized by love (1 Corinthians 8:3, 1 Corinthians 16:22, 1 John 5:1) and obedience to God (Ezekiel 36:27, John 14:15, Romans 2:7-8, Romans 16:19, 2 Corinthians 7:15, 1 Peter 1:2). The true Christian is taught by God (John 6:45, Isaiah 54:13) and led by God (Romans 8:14). Though the Christian still has a sinful flesh (Romans 13:14), the Christian is a new man (Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 3:9-11) with a new nature (Matthew 7:15-20, Matthew 12:33-35, Acts 11:24, Romans 15: 14) and a new heart (Jeremiah 32:38-40, Ezekiel 36:26) who by the Spirit of God is increasingly victorious over the flesh and grows in conformity to the will of God over the course of His life (Romans 8:4, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Philippians 1:6).
To get “Back to the Basics” of Christian Church Community.
We seek to be basic and simple (Psalm 116:6), yet refreshingly different , avoiding popular worldly church trends of today (2 Corinthians 2:14-17). The Church must Look, Feel, Taste and Act different if we’re going to be the salt and light of the world. (Matthew 5:13-16)
“We’re fooling ourselves if we think we’re going to follow Christ in this culture and blend in.” -David Platt
Discipleship First, Evangelism Second: It all starts with believers.
You can’t take someone to a place you’ve never been yourself. Only disciples make other disciples. In order to make a disciple, you must first BE a disciple. Evangelism is the natural overflow/outpouring of actually being a disciple. The gathering of the saints in church should be meant for equipping the saints (discipleship) to evangelize the outside world, NOT trying to evangelize the outside world on a Sunday morning at the expense of the saints’ spiritual growth. The saints who make up the church should be seeker-friendly, but realize that the Seeker is God Himself. Lost men in their natural state do not seek God (Romans 3:11), and the only way they can be saved is for God to seek them (Luke 19:11). Our job is to plant seed and water, but only God can make the seed grow (1 Cor 3:6-8).
Be intentional about evangelism.
“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.” -Charles Spurgeon
1) We will be a church that Learns Scripture… 2 Tim 3:16
2) …So that we can Live Scripture… James 1:22
3) …So that we can Teach Scripture. Matt 28:20
Our Core Values:
Acts 2 is a Church that:
1) Follows Christ Vigorously (Luke 9:23)
2) Worships Passionately (Matthew 22:37)
3) Takes Accountability Seriously (1 Tim 6:11, Matt 18:15-17, 1 Tim 5:20, 2 Thes 3:14-15, Titus 1:13, 1 Cor 5:10-13)
4) Fears God Reverently (Psalm 111:10)
5) Is Devoted to Prayer and Fasting (Matt 4:1-2, Acts 13:2-3, Mark 9:29)
6) Filled with People that Love God’s Church (Eph 5:25-27)
7) Integrates Family and all Generations (2 Tim 1:5, Eph 6:1-4, Deut 6:6-7, Matt 19:14, Titus 2:1-5)
8) Will teach a Defense of the Faith. (1 Peter 3:15)
9) Gives Lovingly and Sacrificially out of Gratitude to Christ Who Gave His Life for the Church (2 Corinthians 8:1-9, Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 5:2, Acts 20:35)
10) Shares Our Possessions (Acts 4:32-35, Acts 2:44-45, 1 Tim 6:7, 1 John 3:17, Luke 3:11)
11) Will Directly Address the Social Issues of Today (Proverbs 31:8-9, Eph 5:11, Titus 1:10-13)
12) Is Elder-Led (Acts 14:23, Titus 1:5-9, James 5:14, 1 Tim 3:1-7)
13) Has No Financial Debt of Any Kind (Romans 13:8).
If the Lord doesn’t provide it, we don’t need it. We will not take financial matters out of the Lord’s hands and into our own.
14) Is Void of Superficial Ploys to Attract, Entertain or Entice People to Attend Church.
God grows his church, not man. God saves souls, not man. God’s Spirit draws us to conviction and consequently-repentance (John 16:8), NOT man’s ploys. If we unapologetically obey his word and preach the full gospel, he’ll grow his church as He sees fit.
“God cares more about the sanctity of his people, than the size of his church” -David Platt
Acts 2:42-47 (NASB)
“42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe[a] came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.”